Goby and Deema find toy robots and want to keep them. The guppies learn about robots.
Pop Song: "I'm a Robot"
Lunch Joke: Robo-toni pasta (A parody of Rigatoni pasta.)
Storybook: "Cops and Robots"
Dance Song: "Do the Robot"
Field Trip: A robot race
- Molly: "Hi! It's me, Molly! And it's time for...--"
- Gil: (in a robotic voice) "Hello there! I am Gil!"
- Molly: "What is Gil pretending to be?" (is quiet for a moment) "Right! A robot!" (laughs)
- Gil: (in a robotic voice) "I am a robot right now!"
- Molly: "It's time for--!"
- Gil: (in a robotic voice) "I think I need repairs!"
- Molly: "It's time for 'Bubble Guppies!'"
(After the theme song, Goby and Deema swim by.)
- Goby: "Hey!"
- Deema: "Hiya!"
(The two keep swimming until they come across two small toy robots walkin on the side of the path.)
- Goby: "Check it out! Robots!"
- Deema: "Wow!"
(Just then, a lobster comes by and uses his legs as a barricade to stop the toys.)
- Goby & Deema: "Hello!"
- Lobster: "Goby! Deema! Good morning!"
- Deema: "Are these your toy robots?"
- Lobster: "Yep! These aren't the only ones I have, though. I happen to be building one, too!"
- Goby: "You're building a real, actual robot?"
(An orange robot guppy suddenly comes up beside the lobster. It had blue eyes, Gil's hair, a gray tail, and a small, gold wind-up key on its back.)
- Goby: "Is that him?"
- Lobster: "It sure is! This is Roscoe!"
- Roscoe: (in a robotic voice) "Hey there!"
- Deema & Goby: "Hey!"
- Goby: "He seems really friendly! I'm Goby!"
- Deema: "And I'm Deema!"
- Roscoe: (shakes their hands) "Hello, Goby and Deema! Nice to meet you!"
- Deema: (staring at the toy robots) "Hey, mister? Um, if you don't want those toy robots anymore...would you mind if we kept them? We'll take really good care of them, I promise!"
- Lobster: (peers down at the toys with a fond smile) "These?" (gives them to Roscoe to extend his arm to hand them to the kids) "Of course you can keep them!"
(The preschoolers take the toys in careful, yet excited hands and cheer happily. The lobster and Roscoe smile.)
- Goby: "Wow! Thanks, mister! Thanks, Roscoe!"
- Deema: "Yeah, thanks! And what was that with your arm getting longer just now?"
- Roscoe: "A lot of robots can do that! When they extend their arms, they can reach things that are too high up or far away for most people."
- Deema: "Wow! I wish I could do that!"
- Goby: "What about that wind-up key on your back? What's that for?"
- Roscoe: "You have to twist it to turn me on. If you turn it clockwise, I'm on, and if you turn it counterclockwise, I turn off."
- Goby: "That's convenient!"
- Roscoe: "But sometimes...robots malfunction."
- Deema: "'Malfunction?'"
- Roscoe: "It means I need repairs. When that happens, I lose control for a few seconds before shutting off."
- Goby: "Oh, boy..."
- Deema: "Do someone fix you?"
- Roscoe: "Oh, yeah!"
- Lobster: "I fix him up so he's good as new!"
- Goby: "That's good!"
- Deema: "Well, we'd better get going. It was nice meeting you! Thanks a bunch for the awesome toys!"
- Lobster and Roscoe: "Same to you, and no problem! Bye!"
- Deema and Goby: (to the viewers, toy robots in hand) "Come on!"
(Meanwhile, at school, the guppies say hello to the viewers as they sit down in their spots, and Bubble Puppy greets them with a friendly bark. Then, Mr. Grouper swims into the classroom.)
- Molly, Gil, Oona, and Nonny: "Good morning, Mr. Grouper."
- Mr. Grouper: "Well, good morning, everyone!"
- Deema (in a robotic voice): "Hello there!"
- Goby (also in a robotic voice): "Good morning, everyone!"
- Mr. Grouper: "Oh, goodie! The little robots are here!"
(The guppies laugh, except Nonny, who merely grins instead.)
- Deema: "We're not really robots, Mr. Grouper!" (sits in her spot)
- Goby: "Yeah, we're just pretending!" (sits in his spot)
- Gil: "Robots are cool!"
- Molly: "I think so, too!"
- Oona: "I think they're really cool!"
- Mr. Grouper: "They sure are! Where have you seen robots before?"
- Molly: "I've seen them in pictures!"
- Oona: "I've seen toy robots in the toy store!"
- Gil: "I've seen robots in cartoons!"
- Deema: "I've see some in comic books!"
- Goby: "Deema and I have seen an actual robot!"
- Oona: "You have?!"
- Deema: "Yeah! His name's Roscoe, and he extend his arms really far!"
- Gil: "That sounds cool! Robots can to do anything!"
- Nonny: "They can also be very helpful."
- Mr. Grouper: "You're right, they can! Let's think about what robots can do!" (backround turns blue) "Many robots can stretch parts of their bodies really far, such as their...?" (waits for an answer)
- Goby: "Arms!"
- Mr. Grouper: "Right! Robots can be really helpful and do chores, too, like...?" (waits again)
- Molly: "Cleaning!"
- Mr. Grouper: "Correct! But sometimes, a robot will break down and need to be repaired. That's called a malfunction, and when that happens, the robot can't do its...?" (waits one more time)
- Deema: "Job!"
- Mr. Grouper: "Right! But once the robot's repaired, it will be happy because it can go right back to work!"
- Deema: "Robots are downright cool!" (in a robotic voice) "I am a robot!"
~(Song: I'm a Robot)~
(After the song, Deema swims by in repairman clothing, a toy robot in her hand.)
- Deema: "Hello! I'm a robot repairman! I fix up robots so they can be happy again!" (swims over to a counter)
- Oona: (with a toy robot in her hand): "Hello!"
- Deema: "Oh, hey there! Have you come to get your robot repaired?"
- Oona: "Yes, I have! My robot definitely needs repairing!"
- Deema: "Well, then, you've certainly come to the right place!"
(The classroom transforms into a robot repair service station. Oona's robot is Flash-animated and clings to the station's counter.)
- Deema: "Now, tell me, what exactly is wrong with your robot?"
- Oona: "It's having trouble walking."
- Deema: "I see! Let's take a look at its legs." (lifts the robot to get a good look at its legs) "Hmm... There may be something wrong with it on the inside. Let's take a look..."
(She opens up the robot's back panel and finds some loose bolts where the legs are supposed co connect to the trunk.)
- Deema (to viewers): "Can you help me? What's wrong with the controls?"
- Little Fish: "The bolts are loose!"
- Deema: "Oh, that's right! The bolts connecting the robot's middle to its legs are loose! That's why it can't walk. I'll just tighen the bolts...and your robot should be able to walk again just fine!" (tightens the bolts) "There we go! Now let's see how it works!"
(She sets the toy down on the counter, and the girls wait. The toy hesitates a moment before letting go of the wall and taking a few steps, then walking full-speed across the service station's counter.)
- Oona: "Yay! He can walk!" (picks up the toy robot) "Thank you!"
- Deema: "You're welcome!"
- Mr. Grouper (in a robotic voice): "Excuse me. What time is it?"
- Deema (in a robotic voice): "It's time for lunch!"
(Gil, Deema, and Oona sing the Lunchtime song. The three, clad in robot costumes, sit down on a large bolt. A repair shop makes up their background.)
- Gil: "Hey, Oona. what did you get for lunch?"
- Oona: (in a robotic voice) "I got a cheeseburger!"
- Deema: "What did you get, Gil?"
- Gil: (in a robotic voice) "I got ravioli pasta! What did you get, Deema?"
- Deema: "I got...robot-oni pasta?"
(They laugh as the background changes to the ocean scene.)
- Little Fish (laugh): "Robot-oni pasta! That's silly!"
- Molly: "Robots are so cool! They can do just about anything!"
- Gil: (still in his robot costume) "And they can have fun, too!"
- Molly: "Oh, Gil!" (giggles)
- Gil: "Oh, and check this out!" (tries to stand on his head)
- Little Fish: "Hey, a robot!"
- Gil: "No, no, no! Wait! Don't!" (swims away, screaming)
(Molly laughs as Deema comes by.)
- Deema: "Hey, Molly! Come and be robots with us!"
- Molly (to the viewers): "Come on!"
(The scene cuts to the classroom, where all the guppies are in their robot costumes. They make beeping sounds as they swim by. Goby starts his toy robot, when it suddenly spoke.)
- Goby's Toy Robot: "Robot race! Robot race!"
- Goby: "Robot race? YOu want to race me?"
- Deema (swam by): "Did your toy robot just spoke?"
(Deema's toy robot started to speak as well.)
- Deema's Toy Robot: "It sure did!"
(Both guppies laughed.)
- Deema: "Ooh! My toy robot can speak!" (sighs)
(Mr Grouper comes by with a large rolled-up paper.)
- Mr Grouper: "Hey guys! I think you're going to like this!"
(The other guppies come by.)
- Gil: "What's that, Mr Grouper?"
- Mr Grouper: "Look!"
(He unrolls the paper, revealing a picture of two robots in a race car.)
- Mr Grouper: "This! The Grand Robot Race!"
(All guppies gasped.)
- Goby: "Robots in race cars?"
- Gil: "That is...awesome!"
- All guppies: "Really awesome!"
- Mr Grouper: "It says here that anyone can have their robots participate in this race."
- Deema: "Even mine and Goby's?"
- Goby: "I don't think they're ready to race. They still need to be able to follow every command."
- Oona: "You can help them practice."
- Gil: "Yeah, so they can win that race easily."
- All guppies: "Yeah!"
- Mr Grouper: "Okay, all robots! It's time to go outside."
(After the Outside song, Oona, Deema, and Gil are shown in the outside scene.)
- Oona: "We're cops."
- Gil: "Robot cops."
- Deema: "We'll take in any bad robot."
- Mr. Grouper: "Once upon a time..."
(A popping bubble changed the scene into space. Gil, Oona, and Deema are riding inside a small space ship.)
- Mr. Grouper: "There were three space cops. They go into space to patrol the planets and take in any bad robot."
more coming soon!